Contact Bill @ 315-427-3617
We get a lot of people asking us to come remove honeybees from their homes. Unfortunately, many of the times this summer that we have gotten this request, the homeowner has already trying to spray them with some sort of pesticide.
I thought I would put together a few do’s and dont’s in case you find yourself in this situation.
- DON’T SPRAY THEM IF YOU KNOW OR SUSPECT THAT THEY ARE HONEYBEES. BEEKEEPERS DON’T WANT DEAD OR POISONED HONEY BEES.
- DON’T EXPECT THIS TO BE FREE. IT TAKES HOURS AND A LOT OF WORK.
- DON’T EXPECT THE BEEKEEPER TO PATCH UP THE HOLE IN YOUR HOUSE FOR YOU.
- DO CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO KILL THEM.
- DO REMEMBER THAT IT IS GETTING LATE IN THE SUMMER AND MANY BEEKEEPERS WILL THINK IT TOO LATE TO SAVE THE HIVE AND GET THEM ESTABLISHED BEFORE WINTER.
I hope this information is helpful and it really is a brief list to prepare you for what is in store. Remember- even if you kill the honeybees (which is a horrible thing to do – see this week’s Time Magazine if you don’t believe me) you still need to remove the honeycomb or you will get worse pests robbing the honey, not to mention the fact that the bees regulate the temperature of the comb and without them, hot weather will cause the honey to melt into your walls and through your ceiling.